© Andrew Hendry
bioGENESIS receives its funding from two sources:
- Annual contribution from DIVERSITAS, which is used to organise the annual meeting of the bioGENESIS Scientific Committee and to provide seed funding for the project's activities. The DIVERSITAS annual contribution comes from a range of national funding agencies around the world. More
- Grants supporting specific activities from a broader range of funding sources including national institutes, research grants, UN bodies.
This funding is used to:
- Partially support scientific projects;
- Respond to policy requests;
- Initiate new projects;
- Run the bioGENESIS International Project Office;
- Perform communication and outreach activities across the project.
The contributors to bioGENESIS in 2011 are the following organisations:
American Museum of Natural History - Department of Ornithology, USA
Brigham Young University, USA
- Center of Excellence for Asian Conservation Ecology (JSPS), Japan
- DIVERSITAS, the International Programme of Biodiversity Science
- Environment Research and Technology Development Fund, Ministry of Environment, Japan
- Yale University, USA
- Network-Forum Biodiversity Research Germany (DIVERSITAS Deutschland).
bioGENESIS is grateful to the research councils, science funding agencies and other organisations world wide, which contribute to the activities of bioGENESIS, and to the DIVERSITAS core funding.